Seamlessly Backs Up Your
Google Account to Your Mac
Requires OS X 10.9 or later
Buy now for $24.99 (USD)
Google provides great cloud-based services, but it is important to keep a local copy of your data. This ensures that you have your data even if your account is compromised, Google has an outage, or data goes missing from your account.
CloudPull seamlessly backs up your Google account to your Mac. It supports Gmail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, and Google Drive (formerly Docs). By default, the app backs up your accounts every hour and maintains old point-in-time snapshots of your accounts for 90 days.
Select the thumbnails below to see screenshots.
CloudPull creates backups in standard file formats:
- Email messages can be imported into Apple Mail individually.
- Entire email labels can be imported into Apple Mail as mailboxes.
- Contacts can be imported into Apple Contacts.
- Calendars can be imported into Apple Calendar.
- Documents, presentations, and spreadsheets from Google Drive can be opened with Microsoft Office, and can also be imported into Pages, Keynote, or Numbers. Other files from Google Drive are backed up in their native formats.
CloudPull provides a Mac native interface for working with your backups:
- You can browse current backups and backups from old snapshots.
- You can preview backed up items via Quick Look.
- You can restore items by dragging them to the Finder.
Whether you need backups because of a problem with your Google account or because you are offline, your backups are available to you on your Mac.
“Golden Hill Software's CloudPull, which we've mentioned as ‘cool stuff found’ in the past, is a killer way to pull down all of the data for your Google account and save it on your Mac.”
–Dave Hamilton, Mac Geek Gab Podcast
“If you use Google Docs heavily, or don’t currently have a good IMAP-based backup of your Gmail account, I encourage you to buy a copy right away.”
–Adam Engst, TidBITS
“CloudPull is an excellent utility for rescuing your documents from the cold clutches of the cloud.”
–Serenity Caldwell, Macworld
“If there’s a better way to get control of your files and data from Google, I don’t know what it is. CloudPull works great, and it may be your last best hope to escape Google’s clutches forever.”
–Jeffrey Mincey, Mac360