Feed Hawk 1.2 is now available in the App Store. This update adds a variety of improvements:
- Feed Hawk will now find RSS feeds that are only linked to from the body of the web page.
- When allowing the user to select from a list of RSS feeds, Feed Hawk will display the URL to each RSS feed.
- Feed Hawk contains a new certificate for pinning against the Feed Hawk Web Service.
- When Feed Hawk asks the Feed Hawk Web Service for a list of feeds for a specific URL, it makes that request as a POST request rather than a GET request.
- Lots of refactoring and performance improvements.
Two caveats to the change in which Feed Hawk will find links to RSS feeds from the body of the web page:
- Feed Hawk will only check whether a link in the body of a page is to an RSS feed if its label or URL has one of a few keywords.
- If there are more than 200 links in the body of the web page that meet that criteria, Feed Hawk will ignore them.
If you use Feed Hawk, please consider leaving a review in the App Store.