Unread 1.9.9 is now available with these improvements:
- Image caching is now much faster for some articles.
- After resetting the image cache on the Settings screen, Unread will again cache images for articles whose images were deleted if those articles are still eligible for image caching.
- This update fixes a bug for customers whose syncing service is only available via a VPN connection that could cause read/unread status changes to sometimes get lost.
- This update fixes a bug that could cause Unread to crash when caching images under some circumstances.
- This update fixes a bug that caused summaries of some articles from The Verge to include HTML code.
- This update fixes a bug that prevented syncing with Inoreader from working on 32-bit devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, 2012 iPad).
- This update fixes a bug that prevented Xbox Wire images and TouchArcade images from appearing for some customers.
- If no date is specified for an article, the default date will now be the date at which Unread first sees the article.
- For customers using Feedly, when there are multiple image attachments to an article Unread will now include only one of those images. This resolves issues with some articles where there would be duplicate images. It also resolves issues with some articles where one would need to scroll past several images before getting to the article text.
- This update fixes a bug that would sometimes cause a four finger swipe to switch apps on an iPad to simultaneously be interpretted as a swipe back to the previous view.
- This update fixes a bug that, for customers using Miniflux, would cause Unread to associate an outdated list of subscriptions with a tag if that tag had no associated subscriptions.
- This update fixes a bug that caused unintended scrolling when tapping on rows in table views under some circumstances.
- This update fixes a date formatting bug.
If you are happy about this update, please leave a review in the App Store.