March 7, 2020
Unread 2.0.1 is now available in the App Store. This update adds these improvements:
- The keyboard shortcuts for navigating to the next article and previous article are now
krespectively. The keyboard shortcuts from the prior version still work as well. You can also use
kas alternatives to the down and up arrow keys to navigate down and up lists of articles and other items.
- The keyboard shortcut for Screen Options is now
command-shift-O. The keyboard shortcut from the prior version still works as well.
- Unread 1 let you long press a category, folder, group, or tag, and get the list of subscriptions instead of the list of articles. If you prefer that behavior over the new behavior of getting a preview window and a context menu, you can now enable it with a new Long Press setting.
- Tapping directly to the left or right of a table cell is now equivalent to tapping inside that table cell. This also applies to long pressing and double tapping. When holding an iPad you no longer need to reach beyond the screen margin.
- The onboarding screen for devices that also have Unread 1 installed now describes the reading limitations that are in place before purchasing a subscription.
- Scrolling to the end of an article list is now smoother.
- This update fixes a bug that prevented the context menu from appearing when previewing an article list or a subscription list for a Fever group.
- This update fixes a bug that could cause articles to not appear for Feedbin saved searches and for Inoreader active searches under some circumstances.
- This update fixes a bug that made double tapping an article to mark it unread sometimes fail when performed immediately after leaving that article.
- This update fixes a bug that could cause articles to appear blank or to be drawn incorrectly under some circumstances.
- This update fixes a bug that could cause the status bar to appear when it should not after previewing the contents of a link in an article.
If you are happy about this update or if you are enjoying Unread 2, please leave a review in the App Store or tell your friends.